Bend Hernia Center is the only surgical practice in Central Oregon focusing on the diagnosis and treatment of hernias. Because of growing demand, a Physician Assistant is needed for the following position:
- First assist the operating room
- Provider support in clinic as well as independent patient care duties. Collaborates with physician and other caregivers to manage the acute and long-term surgical needs of patients. Provides monitoring and supports continuity of care between physician visits. Maintains and reviews patient records, charts, and other pertinent information, documenting clearly and concisely.
- Triage incoming and outgoing referrals, providing consultation with patients and/or referring physicians as needed.
- Participate in QI initiatives and assist with database management and reporting.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with colleagues, patients, physicians, and administration.
- No ER / Hospital call.
Bend Hernia provides a competitive compensation package including the following:
- Salary range dependent on experience, with opportunity for incentive based bonuses.
- Heath coverage
- Professional liability
- Licensing and professional fees
- 2+ years of experience as a specialty PA.
- Successful completion of an approved Physician Assistant program with certification and active or eligible for licensure in Oregon.
- Eligible for privileging at St. Charles Medical Center and the Bend Surgery Center.
- Experience in general surgery, laparoscopic surgery, and robotic surgery preferred.
- Experience with EMR systems (eCW and Epic preferred).
- Active DEA license
Learn more about Bend: Bend Oregon is a highly desirable place to live, surrounded by the Cascade mountains you will have access to rivers, lakes, and mountains for year around recreation and activity. https://bendchamber.org/
For consideration, please forward your CV and cover letter explaining your interest in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org